Do you have your Collections on Google+?
If not, you are missing a big opportunity to engage with your audience. But don’t worry. We are here to help you with a quick guide on creating & using collections on Google+.
Before starting, just know why Collections means a lot for your business.
Google plus offers so cool features that can create interaction with your targeted users of your business. Among such features, Collections is being the most engaging feature. Especially for the people who post a lot on Google’s social community, this feature is indeed a necessity.
You can categorize your posts and keep them all as a collection. So that your users can easily find the required posts of yours. And you can target people with different interests with a single account.
So start creating your collection and use it right now. Here you go with the guide:
Creating a Collection
- Open your Google plus account. At the left side of the dashboard, you can find the main menu. There, click on the Collections option.
- In the menu on of collections, you can see featured collections suggested for you, collections that you are following and the collections of you. Just click on YOURS.
- Click on Create a collection and a pop-up appears.
- Keep a name for your collection. For example, if you want to keep all the posts related to the offers you give, better to keep the name Offers.
- Set the visibility settings by selecting one from the dropdown list. As you are using this for your business, keep it visible to PUBLIC.
- Write a catchy tagline that describes your collection. Remember, you can use a maximum of 80 words only.
- Click on Create.
- Here, you can keep an attractive cover photo for your collection. Just click on the camera icon and select one among the album or upload a new one.
- If want, you can also change the title and tagline and visibility of the collection.
- You can select a theme color for your collection.
- Allow the public to follow you automatically. If you turn off this option, one has to send a request to follow the collection. Keep it on for your business purpose.
- Once done, click on save.
On the left side of the page, you can see your collection summary. On the right bottom corner of the page, you can find a pen icon. Click on that to start posting on your collection.
Posting on Collections
- If you want to post on another collection or on your public profile, you can change from here itself. Beside your name, you can find the name of the collection. Just click on it to see the options.
- Write whatever you want to write in the textbox. You can attach photos, share links or location. You can conduct a poll too. Just click on the voting icon there to conduct a poll.
- If you don’t want to receive any comments or reshares, you can make it by clicking on the three dots where you can see the disable options.
Conducting a poll:
Polls are so amazing in provoking your audience to engage with you. So, take some trendy topics and conduct polls on them.
- Upload the pics that you want to add to the poll. You can separate image for each choice or a single cover image for the poll.
- You can add any number of choices that you want to. For that, click on the Add Choice option. Here, upload the image and the choice.
- At the top right corner, you can see three dots clicking on which you can see options to keep a single image or image per answer.
- Once done, click on Done.
- Now, you can give the text for the poll and click on Post.
You can see data of the votes you got for the polling. Click on the number of votes and you can see how many votes each choice got and who are the voters casted their vote.
You can share the post on Google+, Facebook and Twitter by clicking on the sharing icon. You can also get the shareable link of the post from here.
Move other posts to collection:
On your profile, you can see the posts you already posted. To move the posts to collections:
- Click on the three dots on the post.
- Click on Move post to collection.
- Select the collection.
- And click Move to collection.
Manage the collection:
You can share your collection with Google+, Facebook, and Twitter by clicking on the share icon.
To edit the collection, know the followers, delete the collection and to get help, click on the three dots presented there.
This is all that you have to know about creating and using a collection on Google+ for your business. With the use of collections, you can increase the user engagement and lead generation undoubtedly.
So, what say you? We hope that this post helps you. Please feel free to share your ideas and opinions, and help us helping our readers.